Aunt Leah’s Thrift Store Donation Wishlist and FAQ’s
Thank you for your interest in supporting foster kids and young moms. This page will be updated regularly, but we encourage you to call ahead to confirm as our needs change frequently according to our participants’ individual situations and the public health advice during the COVID pandemic.
COVID UPDATE: In order to keep our customers and staff safe during the pandemic, we’re accepting drop-off donations by appointment only. Please read below for details. Our youth and families will still be able to make arrangements to access emergency household items and have them delivered to their homes during this period.
What do you accept?
All items must have all of their original pieces, be in working condition and be clean and reusable.
Our most urgent needs at this time are:
We also accept:
- Small Apartment Sized Furniture – end tables, coffee tables, book shelves, dining tables, dressers and chairs etc. for youth and moms who are ready to start living independently in their own suites.
- Clothing – We accept men’s and women’s clothing that is gently used and in season.
What items do you NOT accept?
- Bed frames
- Entertainment units
- Very large furniture pieces – sofas, desks, hutches, china cabinets, TV stands, large appliances (stove, dishwasher)
- Bedding – pillows, duvets
- Bathroom accessories – mats, towels, shower curtains
- Electronics – televisions, computers, fax machines, printers, etc.
- Kids clothing
Where do my donations go?
Aunt Leah’s Place helps to prevent children in foster care from becoming homeless and mothers in need from losing custody of their children. All thrift store donations are sorted and organized at our warehouse into appropriate categories:
- Aunt Leah’s Participant Needs – individual needs of foster kids and young moms that participate in our programs
- Aunt Leah’s Programming Needs – furniture and accessories for our 18 houses for program participants
- Aunt Leah’s Thrift Store – one of Aunt Leah’s social enterprises to raise funds to support our programs
- Other Partnering Organizations – homeless shelters and other social enterprises
Any broken or unusable items end up being recycled or dumped at a cost to the organization and affects the proceeds to the foster kids and young moms. Please donate accordingly.
Where & When Can I Drop Off My Donation?
We are currently accepting small donation drop-offs at Aunt Leah’s Thrift Store (clothing/accessories/shoes/home decor) by appointment on Wednesdays and Fridays 11-4. Because of its location, we can only accept items that you can carry in yourself, as there is limited access and parking. Appointments to donate to the thrift store can be made by calling 604-709-3254 or email email@example.com.
The warehouse is open for larger donation drop-offs (furniture) by appointment, also on Wednesdays and Fridays 11-4pm. Appointments to donate to the warehouse can be made by calling 604-376-7238 and emailing a photograph of item(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the online form below.
Thrift Store Donation Form To get the conversation going, or if you have any questions, please fill out this form and our staff will be in touch within the next 48 hours.