The Link offers young people tools, resources and a supportive community to help them achieve their goals and become healthy and successful adults. The link acts as the umbrella program for all services and supports Aunt Leah’s offer to former youth in care.
The Link is for Aunt Leah’s Support Link program graduates or any youth formerly in the care of the Ministry of Child and Family Development. No referrals are required for this program.
Aunt Leah’s Place supports youth by providing:
- No age restrictions
- A trusted transition worker for one on one support and guidance to help create goals and plan for the future
- Help with resumes, job searching, and employment programs
- Emergency food and clothing
- Safe and secure housing, rent subsidies or information on suitable housing (BC Housing, HELPS, The Link: Housing First)
- Application help for income assistance and/or disability support
- Use of computer with Internet, printer, and telephone
We also provide fun activities, opportunities to be creative through art and music, and weekly drop-in gatherings each Wednesday & Thursday. If you are a young person who is eligible for Aunt Leah’s Link program, or a social worker calling on behalf of a client, and need assistance with the transition to adulthood, please call The Link Coordinator at 604-525-1204 ext. 224.
Or please fill out this form to learn more about The Link
This program meets the standards for Accreditation through CARF (Commission for the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) International.
This program is generously supported by:
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Homelessness Partnering Strategy.
|The Vancouver Foundation|