Aunt Leah’s House
Aunt Leah’s House: This was the first house acquired by the Foundation from Aunt Leah’s Society. The house was built in 1953, as a family dwelling. In the late 1980’s the “Easy Out Independent Lifeskills Society”, the originator of the Aunt Leah’s organization, was looking for shelter for young moms and a place to provide support services. Some of the founders put their resources together and bought this house, then leased it back to the Society. As a licensed residential program resource, it houses up to 4 moms with their babies in the upstairs parts of the house and semi-independent apartment in the basement for an additional mom and baby.